Hurricane Relief – Where to Send Donations
Posted by Ellen Smith on November 4, 2012
THE OCEAN COUNTY Office of Emergency Management has released a list of locations throughout the county that are accepting donations in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
“We ask that residents please do not attempt to drop off donations of food, clothing or other items directly to the shelters, but instead visit one of these collection points,” said Sheriff William L. Polhemus.
Many of the centers are collecting food, clothing, toiletries and other items, although several locations have made special requests for needed items.
· Stafford Township Town Hall – 260 Bay Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ 08050. Requesting paper products and protein bars.
Little Egg Harbor Township Senior Center, 965 Radio Rd, Little Egg Harbor, NJ 08087
· St. Mary’s of the Pines Church, 100 Bishop Lane, Manahawkin, NJ 08050.
· Ocean County Hunger Relief, 21 Germania Station Road, Toms River, N.J. 08753
· Food Bank of Ocean and Monmouth Counties, 3300 Route 66, Neptune, NJ 07753
· Lacey United Methodist Church, 203 Lacey Road, Forked River, NJ 08731
· Jackson Crossings, 21 South Hope Chapel Road,
Jackson, NJ 08527
· Calvary Lighthouse Church, 1133 County Line Road, Bldg. A, Lakewood, NJ 08701
Non-perishable food & clothing.
· Church of Grace & Peace, 1563 Old Freehold Road, Toms River, NJ 08753. Non-perishable food & clothing.
· Visitation Church, 755 Mantoloking Road, Brick, NJ 08723. No clothing please. Requesting food, toiletries, pillows and blankets.
· South Toms River Borough Hall, 144 Mill Street.
ENTERPRISE VOL. FIRE CO, 569 KLOCKNER RD., TRENTON, NJ
Long Branch Middle School, 350 Indiana Ave, Long Branch NJ 07740
Emergency Management officials ask that anyone who wishes to volunteer during the storm recovery to please contact the American Red Cross at redcross.org or 732-493-9100.
For Staten Island: New York Container Terminal, Sandy Relief Warehouse, 300 Western Ave., Staten Isld., NY 10303.